The Pilgrim Center of Hope, a Catholic evangelization ministry, seeks college and university students to participate in an exciting new internship program, open for the fall 2011 and spring 2012 semesters. The intern will work alongside our Ministry Coordinator to produce and promote Catholicism Live! weekly television and radio program, which reaches thousands of homes across South Texas and throughout the world via real-time Internet stream: www.catholicismlive.com
As the Catholicism Live! intern, you will:
• Work alongside our staff, who have years of experience and a wealth of knowledge in Catholic evangelization, media, ministry, and non-profit work
• Contribute ideas for topics, guests, and content for each weekly episode – learn how to appeal to an audience and reach them for Christ
• Contact, book, and meet local and national guests who are experts in their areas of ministry
• Aid with hands-on production work at Catholic Television of San Antonio studio, according to the director’s needs
• Represent the Catholic faith as a call-screener for Catholicism Live! and during promotional weekends at local parishes
• Sit-in during staff ministry planning meetings, including with our ‘C.E.O.’ during weekly Holy Hour of Adoration
• Stretch your creative muscles by planning, proposing and co-producing promotional radio & television spots, graphic flyers, YouTube videos, blogs, and anything else you can dream up to spread the word about Catholicism Live!
What will we ask of you?
• At least 12 hours per week (we’ll work with you on this)
• An excitement about the Catholic faith!
• Major in theology/ministry, marketing, communications, PR, or related field
• The highest-quality effort you can give
• Willingness to work as a team member
• The ability to meet deadlines consistently
• Desire to learn and an open mind
• Willingness to offer your work as not just an internship, but true ministry
Internships are unpaid with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week during office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm) plus availability during production of Catholicism Live! television and radio program (Wednesdays, 7:30pm-9pm). For the full experience, we ask you to be present for at least one outreach event, where we promote Catholicism Live! to area Catholics (a couple of hours on a Saturday or Sunday).
Extra intern perks include your own office space, parking spot, and quiet getaway on our beautiful grounds – great for de-stressing from schoolwork.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation (from professor, pastor, campus minister, etc.) We must receive these items before September 5, 2011. Submit via…
(Snail Mail) The Pilgrim Center of Hope, Attn: Internship, 7680 Joe Newton Dr. San Antonio, TX 78251
(E-mail) Angela Santana, Ministry Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “Internship”
(Fax) The Pilgrim Center of Hope, Attn: Internship, (210) 521-0288
The Pilgrim Center of Hope is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Since 1993, the mission of the Pilgrim Center of Hope has guided individuals, families, and neighborhoods toward a deeper relationship with Christ through evangelization (living and sharing the faith).