PILGRIM CENTER of HOPE, INC. – THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Media Ministry Assistant
FULL TIME 30 hours+
Imagine… working on sacred ground, down the hall from a Blessed Sacrament chapel, where the community comes together, where you are celebrated, and where your work with media changes lives for Christ!
Pilgrim Center of Hope (PCH) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, with a story beginning on the Sea of Galilee’s shores, founded in June 1993 by Deacon Tom and Mary Jane Fox. Answering Christ’s call, PCH guides people to encounter Christ so as to live in hope, as pilgrims in daily life. Our ministry encompasses pilgrimages, conferences, and evangelization outreach. We’re here to serve Christ and his Church!
Summary: The Media Ministry Assistant (MMA) is a ‘media missionary.’ MMA will act as a creative producer for the weekly media program Catholicism Live! which broadcasts live from Catholic Television of San Antonio and is re-broadcast on Guadalupe Radio Network. MMA will build and maintain a library of original video, audio, and photo content; and will utilize a variety of media in PCH’s ministry, promotional, and fundraising efforts. The MMA will be mentored by our Media Coordinator, Angela Sealana, who has been internationally recognized for her work in Catholic media.
The person who fulfills the Media Ministry Assistant position is one who cultivates knowledge & interest in the “new evangelization” as understood and proclaimed by the Catholic Church.
“The new evangelization is not a matter of merely passing on doctrine but rather of a personal and profound meeting with the Savior… Before we can pass on the Gospel to others, it must first have permeated our own lives so that we in turn may bring it to others. It is important to recall that evangelization involves conversion, that is, interior change. Evangelization must emanate from a deep experience of God.” John Paul II
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Demonstrates high level of creative ability in writing, photography, and digital media.
- Works well with others. Personable and an active listener.
- Positively accepts and integrates constructive criticism. Willingness to learn.
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion in focusing on job objectives, establishing priorities, and reacting to the unexpected.
- Quick learner, adaptable to new circumstances and/or situational needs.
- Consistently exceeds expectations and aims for a high level of professionalism.
- Aware of industry standards in social media, and excited to cultivate new knowledge.
- Competent photographer and/or videographer; portfolio demonstrates creative potential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, social media management, and willing to learn new media tools. (Proficiency with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite are pluses.)
- HS Diploma.
- Willing to learn about, and enthusiasm for, PCH mission.
- Be informed of, and committed to, the history & mission of Pilgrim Center of Hope.
- Manage PCH blog
- Manage PCH social media accounts
- Develop and execute multimedia (internet video, radio, and social media) campaigns promoting PCH ministry, in conjunction with other PCH staff.
- Develop and execute ongoing, original photo & video library for PCH
- Attend staff meetings and functions.
- Record video testimonies from clergy and laity who have traveled on a PCH Pilgrimage.
- Obtain guests and coordinate logistical details with all involved persons, for weekly television/radio series “Catholicism Live!”.
- Create a research-based, basic outline for each episode of “Catholicism Live!”
- Promote, and update website for, “Catholicism Live!” – includes graphic design
- Occasional: Visit local parishes to distribute PCH material, record video testimonies.
- May need to represent PCH and its mission when asked to attend functions.
- Other duties as defined by PCH Media Coordinator and/or PCH Directors.