SAN ANTONIO – On Saturday, February 23, 840 “men of hope” came forth like Bartimaeus, who cried out to Jesus, Master, I want to see (cf. Mark 10: 51) for the annual Catholic Men’s Conference (CMC) of San Antonio. Pilgrim Center of Hope has been presenting CMC since 2004. The vast majority of these men came from parishes throughout the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
CMC 2019 was a Spirit-filled day marked by an enthusiastic demonstration of faith by husbands, fathers & sons, friends, and leaders. All were educated and challenged by speakers Dr. Ralph Martin, Fr. Larry Richards, and Fr. Ken Geraci, CPM. the crowd celebrated Mass with Bishop Michael Boulette, prayed together (Rosary & Divine Mercy Chaplet), and gathered in small groups in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, as part of our Eucharistic Healing Service led by Fr. Ken Geraci, CPM.
Men told us:
- “Healing Service was great & very powerful” – Matthew Laijas, St. Anthony Elmendorf, TX
- “Inspiring talks touched the core of my heart” – Emmanuel Odin, St Joseph Del Rio, TX
- “Good to see so many men adoring Jesus” – Mario Hernandez, St. Anthony Robstown, TX
- “This conference was spiritually uplifting” – Steve Navarro, St. Anthony Mary Claret SA, TX
- One wife said, “My husband came home on fire (Holy Spirit).”
CMC 2019 – At a Glance
- A tremendous response to Reconciliation (Over 20 Confessors were available t/o the day)
- Powerful Eucharistic Healing Service (Over 700 men came forward in groups of 10-15)
- All men received spiritual tools & resources about our faith and Church (provided by PCH)
- Brisk sales of resources on prayer, Scripture, sin & repentance, and growing in faith
At the heart of Pilgrim Center of Hope’s Ministry of Conferences is the mission of providing an experience where all can learn about their true personal dignity in God, encounter Christ and the Church and be encouraged to know and love God, so as to go forth inspired and empowered, using their gifts to transform their families, parish, and society.